[Sca-cooks] Period crab recipes

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 19 07:19:27 PDT 2006

My son was always fascinated by catching Maryland crabs
off my girlfriend's dock off the Chesapeake. He didn't like to eat to them,
but he thought catching them with chicken wing tips was first rate fun.
Of course when you are 5, catching crabs anywhere is fun.

Johnnae

I concur. My great-grandparents had owned a home in Greenport, L.I., steps away from the salt marshes and the bay. Spent every summer there for years, and often went crabbing. I didn't like eating them, though!

And Kiri is correct that Baltimore crab cakes are the best ever, but there's an eatery in Burlington, NJ, called the Blue Claw that also does them well, and where you can get softshells in season.

Gianotta