[Sca-cooks] OOP: Hell's Kitchen

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 20 16:43:42 PDT 2006

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
> Well, i started watching this season's run of "Hell's Kitchen".
> Months ago, when i heard that "Our Gunthar" didn't make the cut, i
> was disappointed. Once i saw the new show, i was really glad he
> wasn't there.
>
> Last season, one could actually learn a little about cooking. This
> time, it's much more like a standard "reality" show. It's nastier in
> every way. I'm learning nothing about running a kitchen or cooking
> food, whereas last year, there was at least a modicum of information.
>
> This time there are an equal number of men and women, and they are
> divided into teams based on gender. The only bright spot for me,
> actually merely a faint dull glow in an otherwise thick and murky
> atmosphere, is that the women have won every challenge... but from
> the teasers for next week it looks like not for long.
>
> I enjoyed last year's run. This year, patooey. Don't waste the
> electricity. Or come over to my house and jeer at it with me on
> Monday evenings :-)

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed as well.  The people they chose for the
competition are among the most incompetent people I've ever seen...if I
made that many mistakes when cooking a feast, it would never get out of
the kitchen!!  Phillip and I both commented that, if we had anyone like
that in our kitchens, we'd probably ask them to go help set up the hall
or something!

Kiri