[Sca-cooks] kinda OT, my life and Pennsic

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Wed Jun 21 09:35:41 PDT 2006

oh, right. you folks dont know........

here is a highly abbreviated version. there is a cooking reference in
there....

i had a new age store. aphrodite's dove.  i was 40% owner and heather was
60% owner.
i had repeated problems with her not telling me about the finances until
they blew up in my face. usually stuff i could have fixed if i had known
early...

Feb  (valentines weekend) i went to an sca event in a howling blizzard and
found out that the cell phone (company paid for) had been turned off due to
overdue bills..... when i asked heather how she could send me off out of
state in a loaded van in a snowstorm with no cell phone, she said she
thought she could "fix it before i found out" which is exactly what she had
sworn up and down she wouldnt do again......

i told her to either buy me out, or start telling me what was up with the
finances (this is the third or fourth time i said this in two years)
she fired me
yes she can do that

i made a generous offer of financial setlement (pay me for my loan i took
out the last time i had to bail you out, pay my parents back for the two
times they paid our sales tax bills, and give me a buck for my shares.) she
agreed.

then every two weeks it was "ill have the money next week...."

then in late April it was "dont talk to me or set foot in the store, call my
lawyer"

her lawyer got pretty fed up with her too....

anyway i finally got what i had asked for in the first place in  early June.
so i no longer have any involvement with that store.
just stil paying MY legal bills..

MEANWHILE...

i got a job a week after she fired me as a cashier in a fast food resterant.
got promoted to shift manager
gave my two weeks notice in May
got begged not to quit and promised all the issues would be solved....
they kind of were....

got put to work for a 7 hour shift with no breaks, while i told the manager
i was getting sick and needed food..... (i am hypoglycemic, and they knew
that)
fainted at work
told "not to act like that in front of customers"
quit
got begged to come back by District Manager (who is a fairly cool guy)
reluctantly agreed

got fired the day after pre-reg closed....  for complaining about a food
safety and company policy violation. (details available if you care.. )

the DM has been talking about just moving me to another store in the chain,
but at this point i dont know if i can.. stress levels, you know?

anyway....so its back to being just fabric dragon.
after not pre-regging for pennsic, and skipping at least two conventions
because of the job.

Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...