[Sca-cooks] cook music [OOP]

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 21 10:44:44 PDT 2006

Kirsten Houseknecht wrote:
> there is a filk song about "Iron Chef" you know... dont make me get the CD
> out.....
I have it somewhere:  THE BATTLE by Dave Weingart, on "The Filk Was
Great..."  My old college chum Eric Gerds sold me that album on the
strength of that song alone.  At first, it sounds like a song about
gladiators, then comes the snapper surprise.  Bwahaha.  Other filkers
are fans of the show, like Lynn Gold and Tom Smith, but I don't think
either of them has written a song on the topic yet.

I very nearly blew my summer travel budget to go to Westercon down in
San Diego because I found out they were looking for contestants for a
sci-fi Iron Chef contest.  Unfortunately, they never answered my
e-mail.  Either my server hiccuped or they fear me L337 mad chef skillz!

Meanwhile:  here is my iTunes set titled "Foodies":

TOSSED SALAD AND SCRAMBLED EGGS, better known as the theme music from TV
series "Frasier"
LASAGNA and other food-related song parodies by Weird Al Yankovic
YES, WE HAVE NO BANANAS by Spike Jones and his City Slickers
THE LOLLIPOP GUILD, sound clip from "The Wizard of Oz"
JAMABALAYA [ON THE BAYOU]
HOT TAMALE BABY
RUBBER BISCUIT
SPAM [Monty Python routine]
THE HUKILAU SONG [which about catching fish for the big feast, after all]
BE OUR GUEST ["Beauty and the Beast" soundtrack]
A SPOONFUL OF SUGAR ["Mary Poppins" soundtrack]
CHEESEBURGER IN PARADISE, Jimmy Buffet
BANANA BOAT SONG [DAY-O], Harry Belafonte
CHEESE ROLL CALL, from "Pinky and the Brain"

I have a "Drinks" playlist too of course, leaning toward folkie/renfaire
drinking songs about drinks like John Barleycorn and such.  Yumbo.

Selene