[Sca-cooks] oatmeal/hot cereal?

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Wed Jun 21 15:43:02 PDT 2006

a bit more research suggests that if I take "scottish oats" from the local health food store and add them to the proper amt
of boiling water (maybe with a pat of butter for fun) and pull the pot off the fire, clamping on the lid, the heat of the pot
should keep them cooking enough to finish them (about 20 min). Stir in dried fruit, nuts, sugar, heavy cream, whatever and
enjoy.

that's all theoretical, of course, but it seems like it might work. I'm also very curious to compare this to the period
recipes for cereal dishes I've seen...

--AM

On Wed Jun 21 16:22 , "Kirsten Houseknecht"  sent: