[Sca-cooks] Dayboard...

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 22 13:18:58 PDT 2006

OK, guys and guyettes,

I have a question... but first the introduction...

A compatriot, Anna Serre, and i are doing yet another day board -
something basically unheard of here in The West.

At our first, a very rainy, frequently low attendance event, a spring
war between our two NoCal principalities, we not only made all our
expenses back, but we were able to donate $40 to the host
principality's water bearers guild. (people were very generous)

We will be doing it again at the same small war when it is held in
the other principality in the fall.

But, wait, there's more! My co-conspirator (together we represent
both opposing principalities) said, why don't we do a day board at
June Crown? After all, she said, she would be baking for a Vigil, so
why not make more? And i said, sure!

We are not funded by the Kingdom. This is out of our own pockets. And
we are only asking for donations, no set prices. Anything we make
beyond our expenses we will be donating to a Kingdom level "charity"
- in this case, as suggested by the Kingdom Exchequer, the
Chatelaine/Demo fund, to cover expenses of printing up stuff to
distribute to new comers and at demos.

Our menu is pretty much all period food, with a non-period substitute:

- homemade bread (AS)
- homemade fresh cheese (me)
- Spanish cold melon soup (me)
- - - - This will be replaced by a modern watermelon soup, due to the
high cost of other melons
- savory  cheese, egg, greens, and herb tarts (both)
- grilled chicken, with sauces to be decided (AS)
- boiled eggs (both)
- lightly pickled cucumbers with mint (me)
- a variety of fresh fruit (both)
- Due to the high level of heat expected we are adding a selection of
crispy fresh vegetables, too (both)
- biscotti (AS)
- sweet cheese tarts (AS)
- and a selection of homemade fruit syrups for beverages (me)

So, i have a question...

I'm making the fresh cheese. I'd like to make a couple different
flavors, and i am pretty sure there is evidence for flavored cheese
(i.e., with herbs or spices or something else), but i don't recall
where to find it.

Since i get the digest, it would be good if anyone with info would
write directly to me, since i might not see a Digest for a loooong
time.

Thanks for any help,
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)