[Sca-cooks] Cheap Lamb

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 23 18:52:39 PDT 2006

While this source may not be available in all places, i get my
inexpensive lamb (about $1.99/lb) at one of my local halal markets
that has a butcher in the back.

To me it looks like they cut the meat very much as they did in
Indonesia. They take out the whole muscle longwise, rather than
cutting across them into chops or steaks or roasts. Most of the
people either want the meat for kebabs (i.e., cut in largish cubes),
or cut for "stew", or ground. I don't know the culture enough to know
if people actually specify which part of the animal they want their
meat from. I would suppose some do.

--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita