[Sca-cooks] Cherries cherries and more cherries

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 25 21:52:51 PDT 2006

Niccolo recently gave us his redaction of a cherry recipe from
Scully's Neapolitan Cuisine.

<<<
NICCOLO'S RECIPE
Serves 8-12   prebake pastry crust  preheat oven to 350F

1 lb. Sour cherries
6 eggs
Pastry crust (made with ? # butter)
8 ounces fresh/soft cheese
dash of rose water (to taste)
2 Tbl sugar
? c. grated semi soft cheese
? tsp  cinnamon
? tsp. Powdered ginger
pinch black pepper

However, it looks like I didn't get some of the characters. Probably
single character fractions which didn't get through the digest or my
machine differences. So, could I get the missing fractions for the
pounds? of butter, the grated semi soft cheese, the cinnaamon and the
powdered ginger?

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------