[Sca-cooks] Period French Cookbooks

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Jun 29 10:57:17 PDT 2006

Are you running out to buy or loan these in or do you just want
sources on the web?
I mean the holiday trafficwise has already started. People have taken
off today.
It seems obvious to me that you might want to start with Wheaton's
Savoring the Past
and read that volume. Then take her bibliography and look up all
the sources mentioned there and read those. Thomas has his list posted at
http://www.staff.uni-marburg.de/~gloning/cookmat.htm
You could start with that list of sources.
I think we've already mentioned that the Online French are posted here
http://www.thousandeggs.com/cookbooks.html#FRENCH

Johnnae