[Sca-cooks] Potrero seige contest

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Thu Jun 1 06:52:48 PDT 2006

At 01:22 AM 6/1/2006,Bj Jane Tremaine said something like:
>This is what was told to us by the people who ran the contest.
>
>Jana

The organizer of the contest sent me the list of what spices were included:
>And here's the spices they were given:
>·        Salt (kosher/sea salt)
>·        Pepper
>·        Cubebs
>·        Mustard
>·        Juniper berries
>·        Caraway Seed
>·        Cardamom
>·        Nutmeg
>·        Mace
>·        Cloves
>·        Cinnamon
>·        Galingale
>·        Saffron

Baron David is rather familiar with his spices, so maybe those were the
mustard seeds? I've used the dark mustard seeds many times at the local
feasts, and theres 2-3 different colors available without going to any
"exotic" sources.
cheers,
Maggie MacD.