[Sca-cooks] Potrero seige contest

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 1 20:11:32 PDT 2006

Selene commented:
<<< It would have worked, I know that for a fact.  Remember the cinnamon
rolls that brought in big bucks at the arts auction?  I made those on
site, with yeast from a jar.  Did up a sponge the afternoon before, kept
in in the kitchen pavilion near the range so it got intermittent heat at
least, covered with a black plastic trash bag to soak up the sun's rays
during the day.  Made a slack dough in the morning, let them rise and
baked just before auction time.>>>

What's a "slack dough"? How much was "big bucks"? It sounds like they
went over well. How did you bake them? In a dutch oven? If so, then
this might be an idea for those talking about dutch oven recipes in
another thread.

<<< The moral of the story is:  Always Dare!  The worst that could have
happened is not much different from what you had already.>>>

Yes, but in a competition sometimes daring can cause you to lose the
competition depending upon the rules of that particular contest. As a
minimum, effort and time spent working on a failing project might
keep another dish from getting made. So, I can see where some teams
might choose not to attempt to bake something.

<<<
 > We tried, but I think it was too cold.  The biscuits had the stater
 > in it. I think it to cold even in the sun.
 >
 > Jana

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas