[Sca-cooks] OT Air Mattress (was Pennsic Pity Party)

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Jun 2 11:33:21 PDT 2006

On Jun 2, 2006, at 1:58 PM, The Loud Lout in the Toga wrote:

> Saint Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> [2006.06.02] wrote:
>>    Recipe, please?
>
> Reindeer tongue

Why am I reminded of the Mutton, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich bit in
"The Princess Bride"?

> A freshly boiled slightly salted reindeer toungue shall be served
> slightly warm, cut lenghtwise, with a vinegar based sauce:
>
> 1 egg yolk
> 1 t french mustard
> 1 T red vinegar
> pepper (white and black)
> salt
> 1.5 dl oil
>
> All but the oil is whisked together and the oil added gradually under
> continual whisking.

Sounds good to me.

> Ulf~WAdamatius
>
> P.S. Source: "Gastronomisk resa i Nordkalotten" by Torsten
> Blomquist and
> Werner Vögeli

"What, no dill? I'd send that back if I were you...

...and if you are Icelanders, where are your ice tongs?

...Looks like a Tong War..."

Ada... err, UlfR With An Alleged Yankee Accent

Holt, 07/29/04