[Sca-cooks] 25 injured in cheese competition

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Sun Jun 4 23:59:10 PDT 2006

>Sharon Gordon wrote:
>
>>  http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7003742726
>>
>>  Cheese-rolling competition in Brockworth England
>
>I always question the veracity of articles released on or just before
>April 1st ;-)
>That being said, I find the whole scenario entirely plausible - I
>remember seeing the devastation on a recent commercial for Doritos (?)
>where the back door fails on a truck carrying wheels of cheese so that
>they all roll down-hill, destroying everything in their path...

It is May 28 not April 1, and looks pretty real.  The news played up
the injury part - mostly bumps and bruises.  That is a VERY Steep
hill. The race seems to be old, probably medieval, maybe even Roman.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,19303543-13762,00.html

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2673366?htv=12

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire/entertainment/festivals/cheese_rolling/index.shtml

http://www.cheese-rolling.co.uk/