[Sca-cooks] remove vs course

betta ladylisabetta at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 10:06:45 PDT 2006

Huette,
  Seeing as the only two attempts you have made to me have been condescending and not polite in any such way..

  I have those to say of my 24 years and 10 months of being in the sca, very very very very rarely have I seen the term course used instead of remove. I am not saying you are wrong I am just saying that here in the south this is what I have witnessed, so I will make an attempt when I am addressing you ( which I don't really see happening seeing as my very first post to the group you were rude and insulting enough to make a newcomer run and hide ! )  to use your preferred term

Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:
  The term "remove" is a Victorian concept. The proper term for each individual
section of a feast is "course". To help you remember this, I have this mnemonic:

Please remove "remove" and add "course" of course!

Thanks.

Huette

http://mail.yahoo.com