[Sca-cooks] Favorite Frugal Pennsic Meals

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Jun 5 20:33:34 PDT 2006

On 6/5/06, Laura C. Minnick <lcm at jeffnet.org> wrote:

> At 08:00 PM 6/5/2006, you wrote:
>
> >Just occured to me, that if they bring along a fishing pole, they can
> >supplement theie food budget quite handily by fishing in the lake.
> >
> >So, for a low budget meal? Pan fried fish and rice. An egg and some
> >chopped onion, a dash of soy sauce can change that to fried rice, for a
> >bit of variety.
>
> Better check the Fish and Wildlife regs before doing so, especially if one
> is coming from outside of Pennsylvania. Getting in trouble with a game
> warden could put a damper on the event.
>
> 'Lainie
> (my ex is a rabid fisherman so I know a little about fishing regulations)
>
> Not applicable in this case, under PA law. Lake is entirely owned and
stocked by Coopers, and fishing IS allowed at Pennsic by anybody who wants
to- including visiting ducks, the years they're there.

--
Saint Phlip

Don't like getting old? Beats the Hel out of the alternative.

The purpose of life is not to arrive at the grave, a beautiful corpse,
pretty and well-preserved, but to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, proclaiming, "Wow! What a ride!"