[Sca-cooks] Favorite Frugal Pennsic Meals

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Jun 6 05:57:38 PDT 2006

On 6/6/06, ranvaig at columbus.rr.com <ranvaig at columbus.rr.com> wrote:

> >Better check the Fish and Wildlife regs before doing so, especially if
> one
> >is coming from outside of Pennsylvania. Getting in trouble with a game
> >warden could put a damper on the event.
> >

> From the Pennsic site:
> http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn35/GENERAL/siterules.html
> Fishing is permitted in the lake; no special license is required.
>
> But better have a backup plan, if the other 12,000 people have beaten
> you to the fish.
>
> Ranvaig

Don't need a back-up plan- very few people actually fish the lake. And,
after a few days, the fish in our area practically jump out and into the pan
for you. Might have something to do with the stale bread that gets donated
to them every morning. I come out of my tent, and they're immediately
splashing at them to go feed them.

There are also snapping turtles which are frequently caught, and make a good
meal themselves, although I only know one guy who catches them and eats
them. And, he's been a bit more careful about them, since the morning I came
out about 6 AM and discovered he'd tied a trot line right in front of my
tent, and it had a very angry turtle attached to  it. His hangover did NOT
benefit from what I had to say to HIM at that hour....

--
Saint Phlip

Don't like getting old? Beats the Hel out of the alternative.

The purpose of life is not to arrive at the grave, a beautiful corpse,
pretty and well-preserved, but to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, proclaiming, "Wow! What a ride!"