[Sca-cooks] Moghul Food

Katherine Throckmorton kthrockmorton at lycos.com
Wed Jun 7 08:36:21 PDT 2006

 Drakey wrote:

> I vaguely remember someone mentioning a book that was recently published.
> Anyone remember what it was and the quality/authenticity of the recipes?

You are probobly thinking of the Nimatanama of the Sultan of Madu, the details of which have already been posted.  Another reliable source for Moghul food is are the recipie-like things in the 'Ain-i-Akbari which can be found here:
http://persian.packhum.org/persian/pf?file=00702051&ct=49
which provide us with a total of thirty dishes.  The main limitation is that we are told what the dish is called and what goes into it, but not how it is cooked.

-Katherine/Asma