[Sca-cooks] Moghul Food

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jun 7 15:17:18 PDT 2006

Drakey asked:
<<< Was talking with a wonderful chap in my Barony just now over
dinner and he
expressed a desire to research and cook Moghul style.

I vaguely remember someone mentioning a book that was recently
published.
Anyone remember what it was and the quality/authenticity of the
recipes? >>>

I don't remember that particular book, however here are a few
Florilegium files which your friend might find of use:
fd-Mongols-msg    (54K)  7/ 1/05    Food of the Mongols. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Mongols-msg.html
kumiss-msg        (66K)  3/26/06    Mongol drink made from mare's milk.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/kumiss-msg.html

There are also several files about the Mongols in the CULTURES
section which might be of interest.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas