[Sca-cooks] Garbage

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Jun 8 19:59:37 PDT 2006

At 07:46 PM 6/8/2006, you wrote:
>  I will have to hunt up  one of my liver recipes, it comes out tasting like
>steak actually
>  Cealian.

My mom once, when I was 5 or 6, decided to make liver one night. My dad
hates the stuff, so she tried to disguise it. She made 'Swiss steak' with
liver instead of her usual round cut. It was awful, truly awful. (But not
as bad as the famed 'tuna/tater tots/peanut butter/peas' casserole that
even the cat would not touch.) She put on the game face and ate hers, but
the rest of us couldn't eat it, and she eventually put it out for the raccoons.

Problem is, it's been... uh, something like 37 years, and Swiss steak
_still_ tastes like liver to me, no matter what I do, even when I make it
and I know darn well it isn't liver.

'Lainie