[Sca-cooks] peacocks

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 12 11:01:03 PDT 2006

SilverR0se at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 6/12/2006 7:36:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> selene at earthlink.net writes:
>

>> Speaking as the one who cooked that turkey...
>>

> YOU cooked that turkey, Selene? Then it was even more of a crime that I
> didn;t get to taste it! ;)
>
> Renata
You didn't know?  They tried to stiff me too.  SOME BARON [who will
remain nameless] promised to pay me back for the expenses and then said
that I spent too much, when no actual budget had been established and I
really hadn't gone all that hog-wild anyway.

You've had this turkey, you must have, it's one of my standards.  It
came from one of our least favorite sources actually, "The Delectable
Past" which took a period recipe of turkey pieces stewed with
raspberries and transformed to a whole turkey with raspberry glaze on
the outside.  It's still pretty tasty, whether "period" or not.  I'll
have to make it for some other event.

Cheers, Selene