[Sca-cooks] peacocks

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Jun 13 05:13:38 PDT 2006

La Varenne is out in the new translation by Terence Scully.

      La Varenne's Cookery: The French Cook; The French Pastry Chef; The
      French Confectioner

        by Francois Pierre de la Varenne, translated and with a
        commentary by Terence Scully

I carried a copy back from the Leeds Conference. It was actually
first translated into English back in the 1650's as The French Cook by
Francois Pierre La Varenne

[Published in 1651,] and that edition is also out and available in a
hardcover edition.

David Brown actually sells both.
http://www.oxbowbooks.com/results.cfm/T/french%20cook/O/D/StartRow/1?CFID=2089753&CFTOKEN=13605903

Johnnae