[Sca-cooks] OT-Squirrelly Issues

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Thu Jun 15 11:45:22 PDT 2006

>Any suggestions from anyone with experience on how to keep
>the squirrels out of my strawberry patch?

bobcat urine?
(seriously they sell it as a deer repellant)

Other than that, most gerdeners frame their berry patches
on top and sides (and some degree underground -- usually
6 inches below grade. Squirrels DO also tunnel) with
close chicken wire, or birdnetting.
That is the only certain way.
(and even then, the ants get their share!)

My strawberry problem was not so much squirrels (who instead
ate nearly every squashblossom as it formed) but birds.
The little buggers would eat chunks out of the ripe berries
and leave perfect beakshaped holes.

Capt Elias
Dragonship Haven, East
(Stratford, CT, USA)