[Sca-cooks] OT-Squirrelly Issues

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Jun 15 12:29:58 PDT 2006

On 6/15/06, Martha Oser <osermart at msu.edu> wrote:
> Any suggestions from anyone with experience on how to keep the squirrels out
> of my strawberry patch?  The berries are just starting to ripen and every
> time one gets close, one of those furry little buggers sneaks in and snags
> it!  Of course, I'd like something non-toxic (to both me and the
> squirrels)...
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Helena

The most effective solution is to carefully fence your strawberry
patch, above as well as around, and surround said strawberry patch
with a fence containing an active, enthusiastic dog. YOU may not be
able to be on squirrel alert 24/7, but an enthusiastic dog will quite
cheerfully greet its new fuzzy tailed toy, at any hour of the day or
night ;-)

--
Saint Phlip

Don't like getting old? Beats the Hel out of the alternative.

The purpose of life is not to arrive at the grave, a beautiful corpse,
pretty and well-preserved, but to slide in sideways, thoroughly used
up, totally worn out, proclaiming, "Wow! What a ride!"