[Sca-cooks] OT-Squirrelly Issues

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 14:20:43 PDT 2006

I have to second this advice.  Years ago, we had many neighbors who had cats and since
we had none [because I am allergic], our yard was neutral territory for all cats.  And
because of this we had no squirrels and all the pecans and apricots from out trees.

Now, none of our neighbors have cats and we have squirrels galore.  We get no pecans anymore
because the squirrels and birds get them first and only half the apricots because the tree
overproduces anyway.  I would consider getting an outdoor cat, but I think that wouldn't
be good for the cat, as I can't touch it or pet it.

Yes squirrels are cute and do really cute stuff from time to time, but it isn't worth it
in my opinion to lose all our pecans to a few seconds of cuteness...

And I am kind of apricoted out.  The fruit is ripening fast and I keep looking at the
tree in dread.  I may just let the squirrels and birds feast to their hearts content.
Unless some wishs to come over and take their fill of them?

Huette