[Sca-cooks] period crab recipes

Craig Jones drakey at internode.on.net
Sat Jun 17 17:50:18 PDT 2006

> Most of these appear to be either boiled crab, which probably
> wouldn't work with canned crabmeat or they are a mix of crab and
> salmon. See the commentary from Adamantius and one of the recipes
> below from this file. Adding the salmon though would have the
> advantage of stretching the crab to let the dish serve more.
>
> Stefan

Honey Stuffed Crabs (Ni Tsan's Cloud Forest Hall Rules for Eating and
Drinking) is an option... It comes out like a crab meat firm pate with a
lovely tart dressing... I've done it with kilo blocks of frozen crab meat
from the asian grocery store (at about A$17 a kilo) and added to small
butter pots and steamed... Then you serve with the Rice vinegar and
Tangerine peel dressing... Works great.

Drakey.