[Sca-cooks] is anyone there?

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Jun 19 19:59:33 PDT 2006

> >> heloo?
> >> i am back? where is everyone?

I haven't been very far away, just been a little busy. Yesterday, I
got a chance to head up the road to the Artmetal Sandbox Shindig,
which was a small, private party for artists in metal- all
disciplines, all metals, many professionals. It was a Smorgasbord for
the artistic soul ;-) Much chit chat, and something new to learn every
time someone opened their mouth ;-) Got to meet several Net friends
face to face, and discuss their various projects and usage of their
particular media. Learned considerable about some pretty serious
casting- in fact, out host did a couple of major castings in bronze
and aluminum
( http://www.flickr.com/photos/93383569@N00/sets/72157594170218864 )
finally was able to learn Viking chain stitch (every time it had been
taught where I was, I had other things to do- usually teaching
smithing ), learned considerable about sheet metal work, one friend
gave me about 30 lbs of wrought iron that I'll now have available to
reshape into period artifacts, and, in general, spent a MOST
productive day ;-)

Today, I've been mostly thinking over what I learned, and doing some
of the prep necessary for July in Seattle, including working out the
details, including food, of the party Paul has agreed to host for
friends of mine from TheForge, at the ABANA conference
(http://www.abanaseattle2006.com/).

In short, nothing directly related to SCA, but a whole lot of
metalsmithing stuff, that once I digest it, I'll be able to bring back
into SCA, and help take our metalsmithing to a higher level ;-)

Yes, I'm mundanely a blacksmith, as well as in SCA ;-) Can anyone tell
I've been having a ball?

--
Saint Phlip

Don't like getting old? Beats the Hel out of the alternative.

The purpose of life is not to arrive at the grave, a beautiful corpse,
pretty and well-preserved, but to slide in sideways, thoroughly used
up, totally worn out, proclaiming, "Wow! What a ride!"