[Sca-cooks] period crab recipes

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Jun 20 19:15:12 PDT 2006

On Jun 20, 2006, at 9:51 PM, Elaine Koogler wrote:

> Yup...which is why I usually prefer crab that someone else has
> "picked".  However, there are many people who are absolutely
> addicted to
> the art!  They will sit and pick crabs for hours, thoroughly enjoying
> themselves.  Of course they eat all they pick!

Unless, of course, you have a small child imitating a baby bird...
but this only goes so far.

In general, I think what you need is a sort of slow-food occasion,
one where the crab-picking is more of a social than a simple dining
experience. It's not something you allocate an hour to do...

Adamantius