[Sca-cooks] cook music [OOP]

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jun 21 16:12:58 PDT 2006

--On Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:43 PM -0400 Elaine Koogler
<ekoogler1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> King's Taste Productions wrote:
>> Egads, the lists keep growing (which is what good lists tend to do :)
>> Have to start keeping foodie music now, why didn't I think of that
>> before?
>>
>> Here are a few from the cassette I assembled some years back called
>> "Illegal, Immoral, and Fattening":
>>
>> "Rum and Coca Cola" -Andrews Sisters
>> "Spam" - Monty Python
>>
>> and how about:
>>
>> "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant," Billy Joel
>> "TV Dinners." - ZZ Top
>> "Eat It", "I Love Rocky Road", "Girls Just Want to Have Lunch" - Weird
>> Al Yankovic
>> "On Top of Old Smokey (all covered with cheese, I lost my poor meatball
>> when somebody sneezed...)"
>> "It Must Be Jelly ('Cause Jam Don't Shake Like That)"
>> "Bread and Butter"
>> "Chicken Cordon Blues"
>> "Red Beans and Rice"
>> "Too Many Dirty Dishes" - Albert Collins
>>
>> And then there are the food jingles - too many to get started on!
>>
>> Christianna
>>
> And, though it's more about liquor than food, the Kingsto Trio's
> Raspberry, Strawberry, the good wines we brew....not to mention Simon
> and Garfunkel's Scarborough Fair ("...parsley, sage, rosemary and
> thyme..."
There's always Broadway:

 From Carousel
    A Real Nice Clambake

>From Oliver
   Food, Glorious Food
   Who will Buy (with all the lovely foodseller's descants)

from You're a Good Man Charlie Brown
   Suppertime (Ok, it's about dogfood, but Snoopy counts!)

>From Sweeney Todd
   The Worst Pies in London

and, if your preferences lean towards long-pork

>From Little Shop of Horrors
    Feed me!
    Suppertime

And from Sweeney Todd
    A Little Priest
    (in which Everybody goes down well with beer!)

toodles, margaret