[Sca-cooks] burns and crabs

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Jun 23 03:38:33 PDT 2006

> Seems to me that peeling the sugar off her arm is what caused the bad
> scarring. I would have run for the nearest sink and ran cold water over it
> - would have dislodged the sugar and given my arm some relief!

At one point when making comfits, I accidentally coated one finger with
hot sugar syrup. When I ran cold water over it, the sugar syrup
hardened, thus leaving my finger cooking nicely inside a candy shell; as
I recall, I had to use warm water to get the sugar off at all.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Justice is better than chivalry if we cannot have both."
   -- Alice Stone Blackwell