[Sca-cooks] feast

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 23 07:50:24 PDT 2006

From: "Sue Clemenger" <mooncat at in-tch.com>
> Oooh, I envy you (the cheap source).  We generally have to cheat, and use
> beef, although a couple of times over the decades, I've been able to use
> goat.
> At this early stage, I'm vaguely envisioning a two-course dinner, with
> something chicken-based for one course, and the other with something else
> (goat/lamb/etc.).  We do lunches here, rather than dayboards, so lunch would
> likely be, oh, a Dish of Lentils (did I get that right? It's got eggs on
> it?), or a dish from the Anon. Andalusian that I redacted a while back that
> rather distinctly reminds me of a breakfast casserole.  Ideally, I'd like to
> work with foods that are fairly familiar to people, but done in unusual
> ways, or with different spices/flavors, etc.  And murri, I really want to
> play with murri, but that means finding a source for quinces in the Fall.
> And different drink syrups.  Tamarind, carrot......
> --Maire, who needs to get herself a copy of that cookbook ;o)

The cheap source I use is a restaurant supply place, Restaurant Supply Depot or Jetro.  You might check around where you live and see if there is something comparable.  There should be some place that supplies restaurants...

We got a shopping card for our Barony...for this place we had to have a tax number.

Kiri