[Sca-cooks] Pickles from Ein Boke de Guter Spise

Guenievre de Monmarche guenievre at erminespot.com
Fri Jun 23 07:52:40 PDT 2006

  > > I'm planning on canning the pickles this weekend so they have some
  > > time to
  > > mellow. My question, however, is what vegetables would you use? I'm
  > > not sure
  > > I want to use beets, as I'm not personally fond of them (though
  > > they would
  > > be pretty, so they're still an option!)
  >
  > Were you planning on eating them all yourself, and therefore have
  > these concerns?

No, my concerns are based more on "if I don't like them, I can't tell
whether they taste good" and not wanting to send out food that isn't tasty.
:-)

  > > Carrots are also out, as they're the
  > > other veggie dish in this course (the other course includes spinach
  > > tarts
  > > and sautéed mushrooms with onion).  Anyway, Germany isn't really my
  > > "thing",
  > > so I'm not sure what other veggies were popular/available. Any
  > > suggestions?
  >
  > I'd probably go with raw cucumbers or _lightly_ blanched cabbage.
  >
  > Adamantius

I like the cabbage idea - I think I might make cabbage, beets and cucumbers,
in separate batches, and serve them all together - it'd be a pretty color
medley.

Guenièvre