[Sca-cooks] Would a Cooking Laurel be considered a salad?

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 26 10:53:16 PDT 2006

I just got back from the elevation of one of our list members
and a friend, Clara von Ulm, to the Order of the Laurel.

There was a huge turnout for the ceremony, preceded by
dancing girls and lots of people in German garb. Other than
a rather tricky dance step she performed in front of the
Crown (I insist it was a dance move and not a trip!) it
went beautifully. A lot of people went to the event just
for the ceremony, that is how loved and respected Clara
is. She is what I expect a cooking Laurel to be.

For her vigil gift I got her a hardcopy version of Escoffier.

Oh, and she's now going by "Dame".

Congratulations to Dame Clara!

Gunthar

(And I won't even go into the party afterwards! Woo!)