[Sca-cooks] Veggie suggestions for a feast

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 1 23:26:15 PDT 2006

Ysabeau commented:
  <<< I've been asked to cook for a dinner hosted by our local baron
for about 20
people at a local event. I've got some of the menu pinned down but I'm
looking for veggie suggestions. I know I can get some good squashes
at my
local farmer's market, but I haven't found a period recipe for them
yet (I'm still looking).>>>

Check this file:
gourds-msg        (99K)  1/22/05    Gourds, pumpkins, squash. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/gourds-msg.html

I'm partial to mushrooms, myself:
23-Ger-Mushrm-art (28K)  3/ 6/03    "Twenty-three German Mushroom
Recipes"
                                        by Anahita.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/23-Ger-Mushrm-art.html
mushrooms-msg    (156K)  1/23/05    Period mushrooms. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/mushrooms-msg.html

There are plenty more period vegetable recipes in that FOOD-
VEGETABLES section, as well.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas