[Sca-cooks] Farmer Cheese in STC, was sumthin' about faith and cellos...

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 2 05:55:17 PDT 2006

>Actually, that's one of the reasons, I suspect, that that crafty old
>devil Digby has you include the butter from cooked veg. It's a butter-
>and-water emulsion. When you stir it as the cheese melts, it remains
>a smooth emulsion -- if you've done it right.
>
>Adamantius

Yeah, that's exactly the way it works.  My husband, Phillip, is our
resident STC expert.  He uses a mixture of brie and cream cheese with
butter and white pepper.  He's taught numerous people how to make
it...and has bailed out numerous others who start the stuff cooking,
only to get to a point of a really nasty looking mess.  He reassures
them that it just needs to go a bit longer.  At some point, "magic"
happens, and it becomes the emulsion we all know and love.

Kiri