[Sca-cooks] Private messages...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Jun 8 17:43:50 PDT 2006

At the risk of sounding like some kinda authority figure, which I am
not...

Folks! Puh-leeze!

If you're going to send somebody a private message, send it to them
privately. As in, to their personal address and not to a list-serve.
Double-check the address before hitting "send", okay? The word
"private" in the subject line is no assurance that it is actually
addressed to any one particular person, or that the person who
actually receives it will understand that it is, or is not, intended
to be read privately. When I see a "private" message sent to a
listserv, I tend to assume it's not for me and delete it. I hope I
haven't missed anything good that way!

When replying to a private message, _check and see_ who the reply is
addressed to (see above) before hitting send...

The fact that [generic] your e-mail contains an accusation of lying
is a pretty good indication that it should _not_ be addressed, in the
little box, to SCA-Cooks, regardless of the accusation's perceived
merit or lack thereof.

We seem to be making a mess of Papa's living room, and I'd like us
all, myself included, to help clean it up.

Thank you! No more ranting, I've got a sick frog to deal with!

Adamantius