[Sca-cooks] Spanish recipe question.

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Jun 14 05:06:02 PDT 2006

So, I have offered to do Sunday dinner at our Convivencia event to be held
Labor Day weekend in Silver Rylle, East Kingdom.  Jadwiga's doing the big
feast on Saturday, so we are looking for something simple - a hearty pottage and
vegetarian alternative.
This is a strongly Spanish-themed (13th century specifically) event, but  I'm
a strongly English in persona person.  So I'm thinking that if you ask  an
Englishwoman to cook for Spaniards, might she not find a recipe somewhere in
her English or French cookbooks called "pottage in the Spanish way" and use
that?

Is there anything of that sort?  I myself tend to go 15th century or
earlier, but if I need to use something later, I'll deal.
Alternatively, since I'm not familiar with the Spanish corpus, is there
something suitable there?  Obviously it wouldn't be an English recipe "in a
Spanish manner", but it would be quite appropriate.

Brangwayna