[Sca-cooks] OOP: Hell's Kitchen

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 20 14:12:53 PDT 2006

Well, i started watching this season's run of "Hell's Kitchen".
Months ago, when i heard that "Our Gunthar" didn't make the cut, i
was disappointed. Once i saw the new show, i was really glad he
wasn't there.

Last season, one could actually learn a little about cooking. This
time, it's much more like a standard "reality" show. It's nastier in
every way. I'm learning nothing about running a kitchen or cooking
food, whereas last year, there was at least a modicum of information.

This time there are an equal number of men and women, and they are
divided into teams based on gender. The only bright spot for me,
actually merely a faint dull glow in an otherwise thick and murky
atmosphere, is that the women have won every challenge... but from
the teasers for next week it looks like not for long.

I enjoyed last year's run. This year, patooey. Don't waste the
electricity. Or come over to my house and jeer at it with me on
Monday evenings :-)
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita