[Sca-cooks] Crazy with Garnish

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 13:32:08 PST 2006

On 2/17/06, morses3 at aol.com <morses3 at aol.com> wrote:
>  I am in the throes of preparing my class on Garnishing techniques inthe middle
> ages
>
> This is something I'm interested in  as well. Where will this class be taught? It sounds interesting.....If it's too far away (I'd love to take it if possible), will you be publishing the work somewhere else so I could read your findings?
> Many thanks,
> Geffrei de Warenne

Greetings,
I taught the class at a local (Meridian) event but I will also be
teaching it at Gulf Wars (along with a class on 12th Century Norman
Sicily Food). If you are going to be there, pray do attend.

If not, I have put all of the information up on my website. The link
to the actual class handout is here:
http://www.serenadariva.com/Resume/Articles/GarnishHandout.pdf
And much more information can be found here:
http://www.serenadariva.com/DressingtheDish/

I have compiled all of the data onto Excel spreadsheets to try and
analyse what I have collected so far. I am going to try and figure out
how to put it into something like Access so that it can be easily
search able. The spreadsheets probably only make sense to me - but if
anyone is crazy enough to want to look at them - I will see what I can
do.

To date I have gone through 15 - 17 manuscripts and hope to do more. I
hope that this is of some interest to others. And if others are
pursuing similar lines of inquiry I would love to see what you have
come up with!

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva