[Sca-cooks] are you a good foodie or a bad foodie

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Mar 28 11:17:55 PST 2006

So, last night, Sarah was delayed and I was cooking dinner-- chicken
tenders sauteed/braised with ginger/garlic paste. I asked Juergen, who
is a picky eater (and only eats his meat overcooked), if that seemed all
right. In one of his rare moments of interest in food/cooking, he waved
the hot sauce bottle at it. I objected, vociferously but about
half-humorously, "I'm not going to put hot sauce on that! That's FOOD!
You don't put that on FOOD."*

Sensing a fun argument, Juergen responded, "But I do!"
"No you don't, you put it on stuff that used to be food!"

And so forth. Nobody's feelings were hurt though when Sarah got home I
got spoken to about generalizing my own dislikes and likes...

And then the Tigers and Strawberries blog posted this:

http://www.tigersandstrawberries.com/2006/03/27/are-you-a-good-foodie-or-a-bad-foodie/

Which speaks directly to exactly those kinds of discussions that happen
from time to time on this list.

--
-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net "America was not built on fear. America was