[Sca-cooks] Hot off the presses: A new Feudal Gourmet pamphlet!

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 31 00:04:55 PST 2006

Forwarded by request

---------------------

Hot off the presses: A new Feudal Gourmet pamphlet!

Researching a medieval Recipe: Condoignac - a Quince Paste from
Paris, 1393-1394.

Our latest pamphlet is not a recipe collection, but an example of how
to meticulously reconstruct a medieval recipe, from researching each
of the ingredients, to analyzing in depth the multiple translations
of the recipe, and going through multiple combinations of the
ingredients to achieve a happy final result.  A great example of
taking medieval cooking to a higher level of research.  $3.00

And here's the info on the rest of the Feudal Gourmet series:

. A Culinary Reference Manual - our pamphlet of what foods are
medieval, how to reconstruct recipes etc, includes an extensive
bibliography & glossary of medieval culinary terms. $3

. Silk Road: A Culinary Journey to the East - a collection of recipes
from medieval Venice, Baghdad and Mongolia, with supporting
information on each cuisine. $3

. Exploring Italian Renaissance Cuisine: A reprint of two papers from
the Oxford Symposium on Food and Cookery, one on fish consumption,
the other on a feast menu from the Italian Renaissance.  Includes
several recipes reconstructed from contemporary sources. $3

. A Dinner from Moghul India - Recipes from the court of Akbar the
Great, along with information on 16th-17th century foods of India. $3

. Dining on the Edge, Volume I: Hors d'Ouvres, Side Dishes & Entrees
- A collection of recipes from 16th & 17th c. Europe, primarily
England. $3

. Dining on the Edge, Volume II: Desserts & the Banqueting Course - A
collection of recipes from 16th & 17th c. Europe, primarily England.
$3

. A Brief Overview of Early Spanish Cuisine - a collection of recipes
from 4 different periods (13th to the 17th century), and discussion
of Spanish cuisine in general. $3

. French Food in The Renaissance - A collection of recipes from Late
Period France, (mostly La Varenne) $3

. An Apician Feast - our pamphlet on Roman cookery. Excellent recipes
and discussion of Roman food in general.  $2

. A Weekend at the Staggering Hedgehog Inn - a collection of (mostly)
15th c. English recipes arranged as a weekends worth of meals $3

. Fall Inn - a small collection of (mostly) English 14thc. Foods
mentioned in the writings of Chaucer $2

The complete set of 12 pamphlets is only $32
We hope to have various other pamphlets available soon.

Checks should be made out to The Madrone Culinary Guild for the cost
of the cookbooks you are ordering plus postage.  We generally ask for
$1.50 in postage for 1 large or 2 small pamphlets (you can tell size
by cost $3=lg, $2=sm), and $4.50 postage for a full set of 12, and
after that we have to weigh them...

Send checks to:
The Madrone Culinary Guild
5403 - 6th Ave NW Seattle, WA 98107

Please contact us via our website
http://www.liripipe.com/mcg/Contact.htm
with any questions.
Thank you.

Prices subject to change as postal rates and printing prices force
us.  All info given in US dollars based on continental US destination.