[Sca-cooks] feed, fodder and silage?

Holly Stockley hollyvandenberg at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 5 05:56:07 PST 2006

Specifically, feed is a catch-all for any mixture used to "feed" animals.
Fodder usually refers to hay, straw, or other herbaceous materials that are
often fed coarsely chopped.  Silage is plant material that has been
preserved by being allowed to ferment under low oxygen conditions.  Of the
three, silage can only be effectively used by ruminant animals such as sheep
and cattle.

Femke