[Sca-cooks] growing saffron

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 7 07:58:45 PST 2006

Not a bad idea... but on the other hand, that's why I have my own Evil
Minion working in the Middle East and sending me back reasonably priced
saffron.  I still have about one fist-sized "tribble" left of the "raw
saffron" which is first-quality but not necessarily pretty perfect
looking separate stamens.  They certainly have all the scent and flavor
though and work just fine with rice etc.

I love my Evil Minions.  Need some more, locally.

Selene