[Sca-cooks] Penzey's

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 10 18:40:09 PST 2006

otsisto wrote:
> I thought I had saved the comment on this company but did not. Can't find it
> either.
> I just received a catalog from them and am considering ordering their
> galangal.
> Could whomever recommended or not recommend this company please post your
> opinion again?
> Thank you,
> Lyse

I have been using stuff from Penzey's for years...and find that their
spices are typically fresher than supermarket spices...and their service
is great.  I don't know that I'm the one that recommended them, but I
would, without hesitation.  Sometimes their prices may be a bit more
than what you'd find at, say, Pennsic...which is where I buy as much of
what I need as I can.  But failing that, Penzey's is good.

Kiri