[Sca-cooks] A little tidbit for those planning Lenten dinner...

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 11 09:00:11 PST 2006

King's Taste Productions wrote:
> Adamantius regaled us with his garlicky cod and smashed potato dish, and
> then said: "Next...?"
>

> Well, it had nothing to do with Lent, but I made something really
> special last night in a cooking class I was teaching.  Tenderloin of
> beef stuffed with cold water lobster tails.  Took the small tails out of
> their shells, skewered them on bamboo and roasted them in the oven until
> just done.  Took a tenderloin section about 14 inches long, and opened
> it up with a fishhook cut - sort of like a jelly roll.  Pounded out the
> meat, seasoned it with salt, pepper, and chopped fresh basil, parsley
> and chives.  Placed the lobster tails back to back, then in a line down
> the length of the tenderloin.  Rolled the whole thing back up and tied
> with butcher's string, seared in a pan and then roasted in an oven to an
> internal temp of 130 degrees.  We then made a Chive Beurre Blanc to
> serve over it, and potato ruffles (russet potatoes cut on a Japanese
> spiral cutter, then deep fried and sprinkled with Fleur de Sel).  Oh, my
> gawd, it was so delicious, I woke up dreaming about it this morning!
> Back to your regularly scheduled Lenten deprivations <:}>
> Christianna

I hate both of you...you know that, right?  Phillip is out of town until
this evening, and I'm busy trying to get two courseware books
written...with a deadline for a first draft of both books this coming
Tuesday.  So I've been working straight through until 8 or 8:30 at
night, taking only enough time off to grab something really quick for
dinner.  Last night it was hotdogs stuffed with cheese.  Sigh.  Well,
maybe tomorrow we'll eat a little better.  he did make a wonderful dish
of Moussaka before he left...yum.

Kiri