[Sca-cooks] Re: Marzipan babies

elisabetta at klotz.org elisabetta at klotz.org
Tue Mar 14 13:40:01 PST 2006

Ok, sorry for turning into a lurker, but between life and job hunting and
SCA...where's the time?

But this posted reminded me of a cake I once made. You can buy little plastic
babies for cake decorating. Each is about 1 inch, and is in a crawling
position.

For my friend's baby shower I made a cake. And I made baby jello: Make
red jello
in a small round container. Wait until it starts to stiffen up. Add babies
(following the directions for adding fruit).

I drew my friend on the cake with icing, and placed the baby jello were her
stomach was. I covered her in an aluminum dress.

People kept pulling up her dress to see the baby jello. And when we cut
the cake
there was a rush for the babies (there were only 6).

Gross but so so funny at the same time.

I hope other people find this amusing, because if not I'm just sick and weird
and should not be allowed near cake and jello.

:)
Elisabetta