[Sca-cooks] "Kapoosh" Universal Knife Block...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Mar 15 11:01:07 PST 2006

On Mar 15, 2006, at 1:23 PM, Tara Sersen Boroson wrote:

> ... good idea or cheesy gimmick?  I've been frustrated trying to
> store my knives in a regular block, 'specially my big new Shuns.
>
> http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=13749337

Well, I found a review here:

http://www.gadgetscope.com/fetch_review/kapoo

The reviewer seems to feel that it's a good thing, but keeping it
clean might be difficult (although you can apparently extract the
innards and throw them in the dishmasher). My first thought was
whether the fibers would eventually start to fray and become severed,
and how effective the block would be once it starts to leak/shed.

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04