[Sca-cooks] medieval steaks

Anna L. Valdez agora at algonet.se
Thu Mar 16 00:19:14 PST 2006

Hi, what sweet memories you wake on me, dear friend!
I am raised in South America, in Uruguay, a strange little country
sandwiched between giants as Brasil and Argentina.
We have 3 millions inhabitants, 12 millions cows, 8 millions sheeps and
uncounted millions of horses and pigs and chickens moving around and
roaming, ok, not quite free, but very basic on their own, without a huge
intervention of people watching them.
The cowboy, our gaucho, did delicious steaks taking a whole cow, eating
the tongue and the udders and throwing the rest to the dogs.
Now we are not so dispensive since every cow can be sold to cowless
countries, but we do still the best steaks on the world.
And the Uruguayan recipes (we are really meat gourmets) remember very
much of your suggestions.
Never marinate the meat (its normally tender and juicy since the cows are
on the move all the time), use only salt and little pepper on it, the meat
flavours itself.
And yes, very hot temperature and only two or three minutes from every
side.
Ana, living in Sweden now, where each steak cost halv a month's wage