[Sca-cooks] Hellooooo......

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Mon Mar 20 07:33:54 PST 2006

This is a perspective.
Sometimes, I have heard of cooks putting together a menu and don't consider
how much can be afforded by their group. Sometimes cooks get tunnel vision
and think that the feast is the main attraction. I have heard several of
incidents that have caused non cooks to bulk with funds towards feast.
Sadly, these incidents can cause the next cook to have to fight tooth and
nail for items.

Perhaps a discussion with the powers that be, with no pending event, asking
them why it seems as if you have to struggle to get things for feasts? Find
out their reasoning/perspective.
If you have a meeting of the minds, you will probably have more then one
meeting in order to keep open communications. Do not bring the clue bat to
the first meeting as this will intimidate the non cooks. You will know by
the end of the first meeting whether a clue bat is needed the next time
there is a meeting.

Also, you should try to find out why people are not volunteering/involved as
there may be a perception that you 4 are a clique' and don't want their
help. Or they've seen the trouble you have with getting funds for the
feasts. Perhaps they are intimidated and are afraid they won't do as well as
you have. Basically  there is a problem that may need to be addressed.

My $2 worth,
Lyse