[Sca-cooks] OT: home coffee delivery

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 22 11:40:02 PST 2006

Kiri wrote:
>I'm not sure if they do organic, free-trade coffee, but they may have
>some...but we use Peets Coffee out of Seattle.  The coffee is superb,
>they roast it typically on the day the ship it, and they have a wide
>variety of coffees and teas available.  And did I mention that the
>coffee is GOOD!  We've been subscribing to their service for a couple of
>years now.  Dunno if this helps, but...
>Their Web site is www.peets.com.

I was going to suggest Peet's. While not all its coffee is, they do
have a line of fair trade coffee.

BTW, Peet's was based in Berkeley, California, back when there was
only one shop and Mr. Peet (originally a Dutchman) ran the place. I
remember Mr. Peet from back in 1969 or 70.

Now that Mr. Peet is gone and the company has expanded, they've moved
a couple miles away, so that the home office and warehouse is a few
blocks from me in Emeryville - and i live in Oakland, just a few
blocks from Berkeley.

Peet's is very selective about the quality of their coffees. My
favorite (not organic, nor fair trade) is called Garuda, a blend of
Indonesian coffees, low in acid and rich in body, with earthy and
spicy notes.

Peet's fair trade coffee (which may be organic, i forget) is called Gaia.

Do check out
http://www.peets.com
But it's not in Seattle :-P

--