[Sca-cooks] Re: Re: Digest---choc and celery and germs

elisabetta at klotz.org elisabetta at klotz.org
Thu Mar 23 06:54:17 PST 2006

>> Chocolate is very very good for you. It is the sugar and fat which is
>> added into chocolate which is bad for you. Personally I think if you only
>> ate cocoa nibs and raw garlic you might just live forever...of course no
>> one would want to kiss you...
>>

> Rubbish.  The fat (cocoa butter) isn't "added"-- it's an essential part
> of the chocolate.
>

> --
> Adele de Maisieres

I meant milk and cream, and for baked goods flour, eggs and butter/lard/oils.
You know, the added fat, not the natural fat, which is not that bad for you. A
chocolate mousse cake has a lot more fat then the cocoa butter.

The natural fat in chocolate may lower cholesterol levels. Studies are being
done on this. They have found that it does not raise them. The World Cocoa
Foundation has health research on their website:
http://www.worldcocoafoundation.org/Basics/Health/resources.asp

:)
Elisabetta

PS- milk chocolate is actually very good health food for women, but
make sure it
is made with cocoa not chocolate syrup.